Put some stuff about astro-photography here, with photos.
- PHD2 alignment software, windows
- Stellarium software, windows
- Stellarium Scope
- PhotoShop Astronomy Tools Actions
- ShoeString cable
- Setting up the above
Software I use to do things like:
- ..to convert those images to a video, e.g.:
- Mac: Time Lapse Assembler(freeware), ffmpeg or mencoder
- Image Processing:
- Stack star photos – StarStaX, Mac OSX 10.5 and Windows 32.
- DeepSkyStacker – Windows
- PhotoShop Actions for AstroPhotography
As I understand it the preferred method is to replace the handset with an EQDirect cable.
You can buy them for about $40 here:
or here: Opt Direct connect
or make them as per the directions here: http://eq-mod.source…t/eqdirect2.htm