Did some searching on the Internet to get the things I need to help with the Lunar Eclipse Photography I want to do this weekend.
Bought the BackyardNIKON software I looked at about a year ago. Used it once and was sold, it should do the job for the AstroPhotography I want to do.
I’ve also have already got the cable to enable me to control the scope with Starry Night, I’ve got version 7 and will stick with that now, but version 8 just was released and I think I’ll be upgrading soon. Brian is moved down to Lake City now and I expect to have a pier mount that I can use over there this summer and hopefully will be able to get some got photography done soon.
Things to do BEFORE Sunday Evening:
- Charge ALL devices, cameras, GoPros,
- Find Bahtinov Focusing mask
- Install new ASCOM and EQASCOM, or update
- Install Starry Night and License Key, update
- Connect Mount via usb and Connect via EQASCOM
- Use Starry Night to move mount and scope
- Verify that PoleMaster is working, update if necessary
- Verify possible tracking of Moon with mount.
- VNC or RDP with iMac upstairs, or Windows machine in office
Things to do EARLY Sunday Evening:
- Setup GoPro5 for timelapse of Moon during Eclipse (start 10:30pm)
- Setup D700 for taking photos @ specific times during eclipse, merged.
- Setup Telescope with laptop and get RDP connection going.
Things to do DURING Eclipse Sunday Evening:
- end timelapse @ 1:50am