– The first attempted at canning actually started in 1909. The first attempts were unsuccessful due to pressure and sealing issues.
– Prohibition in the United States (aka The Dark Times) prevented American Can from attempting again until repeal – 1933
– As crazy as it sounds now, the sale of beer in cans wasn’t easy. Adoption took time.
– Krueger’s canned beer became popular very fast once the idea took off.
– Schlitz, Pabst, Stroh’s & Anheuser-Busch lost market share due to Gottfried Krueger’s cans – so started canning also.
– According to the Brewer’s Association, canned beer accounts for more than 50% of beer sold in the states.